This BY FAR the best coco coir we've ever come across. This coco has a far superior texture and consistency and better drainage than everything else on the market. Certified pathogen free. In fact, each and every ocean container that arrives comes with a lab report attached to ensure it has been tested and is completely free from harmful bacteria and fungi. One of the many ways they achieve this by letting the coir dry a bit more than other coir which makes it more difficult for pathogens to grow during transportation while at the same time reducing the weight of the bag - a win-win situation for the grower. Also, the product is manufactured in smaller batches and is not sold through sub-distributors so it passes through fewer hands, which means the product is fresher and the price isn't marked up as many times, which helps keep the cost down on this premium product. Another win-win for the grower!
Coco Coir (pronounced "Coco Core") is an RHP-certified growing medium made from coconut fiber.
Char Coir received RHP certification from Holland, using the highest standards in the industry. Coco Coir can be used as-is right out of the bag, or customized to each grower's garden conditions. Container size, temperatures, and plant size can all affect your feeding schedule and how often you water. By the addition of perlite to Coco Coir, you can control how fast the medium will dry out, putting you in control of your garden.
- Ca and Mg buffered Very low EC.
- Less then 0.2
- Free of pathogenic germs and disease
- Triple Washed to remove salts
- Stabilized for proper ph
- 100% biodegradable
- High cation exchange capacity (cec) for optimum nutrient uptake
- Fill the container you wish to use with Coco Coir
- Transplant into Coco Coir and water in with ph balanced water (5.8 to 6.5) and your nutrient regiment until run off is visible
- Use your recommended nutrient regiment every time feeding is necessary to avoid deficiencies
- A Ca Mg supplement is recommended for this product, especially when using reverse osmosis water to irrigate
|Dimensional/Billable Weight (lbs)||25|
|Actual Product Weight||25|
|Vendor Item #||1111|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$20.95|